In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a view with the Ops Portal Buffer control.
The Buffer view lets you view and edit data that is stored in a buffer. Typical Buffer data would be scenarios like Holidays, Tax Rates, Company contact lists, and any other type of lookup information.
The tutorial will show you how to:
You can learn more detail about the Buffer control in the following reference article.
Watch the video below to learn how to create the Buffer View using the Synatic Operations Portal.
Creating an Ops Portal Buffer View
To begin, you must first open the Operations Portal you created earlier, go to the Operations Portal menu and click ⨁ to add a new View.
Give the View a name and a meaningful description.
Then click Save.
Select the Control type
Each Ops Portal view can be configured to use a specific control type.
For this tutorial, let's select the Buffer option which provides a view into any data stored in a Buffer.
Click on the Control field.
The selection list opens, now select the Buffer option.
3. The Buffer control window for this View opens.
Select the Buffer
Select the relevant buffer you want to access from the selection list of buffers created in your Solution in Synatic.
Click on the Buffer field.
The selection list opens, now select the Buffer you want to use.
For this tutorial, we'll be using the AllUsers buffer.
Save the View
When you have completed the View's configuration, click the Save View button.
Test the View
It is always advisable to test each view you create in Synatic's Ops Portal.
1. Select the Ops Portal option in the Account menu to open the Operations Portal. This is also the method used by the operations personnel to process these views.
2. Select the Ops Portal view you created from the list of available views.
3. Click the Execute Flow button to run the Flow in the View.
4. At this point, you can also view and edit the Buffer data, so click the Pencil icon adjacent to any entry to edit the record then click Save when you are done.