This tutorial shows how to create a connection to an SQL Server database.
Create a Connection
Create a connection to an SQL Server database which will be used on each Synatic flow that accesses and processes data for the API.
For more information on how to create an MS SQL Server, click on the link below:
A connection can be created for a specific flow or it can be created Globally and used by any flow In this example, a connection is created globally.
To create a connection, follow these instructions:
1. Click the three menu dots (⋮) adjacent to the new solution name (1).
2. From, there click the Create button > adjacent to your new solution (2) in the sidebar to expand it.
3. Select Connection from the options provided to create a new Connection (3).
4. Provide a Connection Name.
5. Click on the button as shown in the image below to show all available Connection Types.
6. Select or search the required Connection Type. The MS SQL Server Connection Type is selected in this example.
The configuration page below will appear. With three required fields that need to be provided.
Server – The SQL Server address or hostname where the database resides.
Username – The username for the API to use when accessing the database.
Password – The password for the API to use when accessing the database.
Revisit the Getting Started page for a refresher.
Read more about the API Builder here.