This allows you to create a connection that will allow you to integrate to Salesforce, a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform for sales, service and marketing. With this connection created, you can manipulate Salesforce data in Synatic to, for example automatically capture sales orders from your e-commerce site or synchronise product information with your inventory system.
Before you begin, ensure you have a Salesforce account.
1. Select to add a new connection by clicking on the green plus sign to the right of Connections.
A new connection screen is displayed.
2. Enter the name and description for the connection in the fields provided.
3. Click on the Selection Type icon.
4. Select Salesforce from the list that appears.
You could also search for the selection type from the Search field. Once selected, the Connection Type fields are displayed.
oAuth is a protocol that will allow you to get data from Salesforce without needing a password by using an authorisation token to prove an identity between Synatic and Salesforce.
4. Click on Logon to salesforce in the Auth Token field, and then click on Login to Salesforce that appears on the right-hand side.
If you haven't already, you will need to login to Salesforce.
A screen will appear if the connection to Salesforce has been successful.
5. Close it and return to Synatic.
6. Click OK on the right-hand side to continue.
The token is displayed in the Auth Token field.
7. Select Save to save your Salesforce connection.
Once saved, a summary of the connection details is displayed.
8. Click on Edit, from where you can delete the connection, and test it.
With the connection created, you can now begin to extract the data you require by creating a Flow.